Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Innovators Continued

(I am long overdue in completing my thoughts from the July data conference. I've had some worth while distractions.)
...One very encouraging session at the DC-STATS conference, which I had the priviledge to help facilitate, brought together State Education Agency participants around sharing of best practices and intelectual property assests developed as part of each state's SLDS work. There are some great public domain resources out there. It is encouraging to see attitudes of "we are all in this together", "we don't need to reinvent the wheel", and "I want my work to have value beyond my state". This attitude has not always been prevalent. Changes in the environment such as addoption of Common-Core accademic standards have helped and will hep to align the needs of data systems accross states. We are now working with key leaders of states that have something to share to establish a formal organization and governance structure for cross-state sharing.

No comments: